© 2017 - RichoSoft - All Rights Reserved
Any income from this site is used solely to cover hosting and other associated costs
If you would like to donate to help me add more free content please click the button below
About Cookies - All about Cookies
Contact - Contact RichoSoft
Newsletter - Sign up to my Newsletter
Free and Premium templates are available, FREE templates come with some rules:
Detailed below are some important aspects to consider when designing or setting out your specs, for a web site. They are not everything you need to think about but a sample of some of the key points.
Usability is the without doubt, the most important aspect to web design. It's all very well having a beautiful looking dynamic web site, but if it takes a long time to download or is difficult to navigate, users will give up and visit someone else's site. Users want to find the information they are looking for - if they don't find it quickly, they will look elsewhere.
Mobile Site Builder Software from RichoSoft, simple but effective and FREE!
Think about your users, put them first. Think about how you, if in their place as a user, would like to navigate and view the site. It’s all very well you knowing how to find a particular item, but is it easy for them to find it. Try not to make anything more than a couple of clicks away, there’s nothing worse than having to navigate loads of menu options to find what you are looking for.
Make sure the page structure is optimised. Most reading is done from top left to bottom right. The navigation is most important, but should occopy as little of the page as possible.
Put the most important information at the top of the page so that it is viewable without having to scroll down the page.
Align items horizontally and vertically they are easier to read and add to a pleasing layout.
Writing for the Internet is different to writing a book:
● Keep it concise - Less is more!
● Use bullet points or numbered lists were possible.
● Keep page lengths short.
● Avoid centring text, it makes it hard to read.
Accessible to everyone is the key to a successful site:
● Make sure it works correctly on all browser versions.
● Make sure it works without downloading plug-ins first..
● Use correctly apportioned tags and titles.
● Check that the colours used are not bad for people with colour blindness.
Use as sparingly as possible and make sure they are relative to the content:
● Keep the file size small to reduce download times.
● Use jpgs instead of pngs as the files are smaller.
● Always supply meaningful alt text for those disabling images.
Make sure you keep navigation elements in the same place:
● Be like other web sites, most have their logo in the top left..
● Keep font styles consistent and use web safe fonts..
● Links should be underlined so it is clear where to click.
● Navigation bars are more often than not at the top of the page.
Finally, keep it simple, is the key to a good site. Clear headings and sub-headings, highlight important words, use a pale background with dark text and avoid colours that clash.
|Premium Software from £2.99|
|FREE Third Party Software|
|X7 Platinum Plus Template Manager|
|X6 Platinum Plus Template Manager|
|X5 Platinum Plus Template Manager|
|Flash Album Maker|
|Web Music Player|
|Third Party FREE Software|
|Give Away Of The Day|
|Mobile Templates Type 2|
|Magazine Template - Inside Scoop|
|Free Survey Templates|
|Premium Survey Templates|
|Premium Quotation Templates|
|Ultimate Oriental Spa Templates|
|Ultimate Oriental Spa Templates X7|
|Ultimate Template inc Members Area|
|Ultimate Template inc Subscription Members Area|
|It Is In The Bag Shop System|
|Ultimate News Events|
|Free QR Codes|
|Magic Christmas Card|